Monday, April 18, 2011

Tough Weekend

The pregnancy, I think, is hindering my ability to really assess how much the beta blocker is helping with my anxiety and panic levels. I feel like it's definitely helped to control the rapid heart rate, but on Friday night, I started having a bunch of palpitations out of nowhere again. Granted, I did have a Pepsi that day, but I also had one the day before without problems, which was why I thought one caffeinated soda wouldn't hurt. Maybe I was wrong.

The rest of the weekend was peppered with small episodes of shortness of breath, most notable after a meal. I really need to start eating smaller meals more frequently during the day, instead of my usual 2 - 3 large meals a day. I'm not even really overeating. It's just that with the baby taking up so much more room nowadays, pushing my inner organs further up and crowing my lungs, I'm a lot more winded after meals. I honestly have no idea how I am just supposed to get bigger and bigger over the next 10 weeks I have left in this pregnancy. I feel like my tummy's been stretched to max capacity already.

So like I said, I have been really kind of on edge lately, but I don't know if the pregnancy is solely to blame, if the Lopressor just isn't working, or if the Lopressor IS working, but that the pregnancy is getting in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...