Sunday, April 10, 2011

Setback on Day 3 of Lopressor

So today I felt my heart flutter twice. It was definitely disappointing. Maybe it's really still too early or maybe I'm on such a low dose that it isn't working yet. I'm supposed to go to a follow-up appointment with my PCP in 2 weeks to discuss my progress, so I'll give the Lopressor at least until then before I consider asking to increase the dosage or explore other options.

In addition to the heart flutters, I was walking up the stairs holding my kitten after dinner, when I felt so out of breath I had to put him down. I continued up the stairs but when I reached the top step, I called out to my husband to come upstairs. I wanted to make sure he was there to catch me in case I collapsed. That was the first time since taking the Lopressor two days ago that I felt that all-too-familiar feeling of adrenaline rushing over me. Thankfully, all I needed were a couple of extremely deep breaths to calm myself. Deep breaths are so hard to come by in the 3rd trimester. I'm trying not to make myself even more worried over it knowing that it only gets worse from here until the baby's born.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...